Thursday, April 06, 2006

Really, I Can't Add Anything...

Chris Matthews. Tom DeLay. Total piggery.


MATTHEWS: Hey thank you for calling me. It was a good thing for me, mostly.

DELAY: Oh really.

MATTHEWS: Oh of course it was. We got on the air as fast as we could....

[...]

MATTHEWS: Shannon [DeLay aide] told me, she called me, she said 'don't worry -- he's not calling in to complain'...

MATTHEWS: Have you seen this new focus group stuff on the candidates?

DELAY: No I haven't

MATTHEWS: It's great stuff. I'll send it to you -- it's great -- yeah it's great stuff. Hillary, John Kerry. All these guys, all these democrats, and how they do. And, uh, Frank Luntz did it...

DELAY: who I like

CM: ...and Hillary did not do well. Kerry did well.

DELAY: You're kidding.

MATTHEWS: I am NOT kidding. They didn't like Edwards -- they thought he was a rich lawyer, pretending to care about poor people...

DELAY: Too slick. Too slick.

MATTHEWS: ...and Hillary was a know-it-all.

DELAY: Nothing worse than a woman know-it-all

[...]

MATTHEWS: Thanks. I owe you one. I owe you two -- today and last night.

DELAY: No you don't.

MATTHEWS: No, I do.

DELAY: I appreciate it.

Don't you love the liberal media?

2 comments:

Fran / Blue Gal said...

I listened to this exchange and while I would never pardon Delay for any words that came outta his mouth I do think he was saying "nothing worse than..." in the context of a polled electorate. People who take these polls do hate Hillary.

So maybe Delay was just being nice, because Chris Matthews had two fingers up his butt at the time.

Alicia Morgan said...

Well, that's certainly true. Especially when Frank Luntz (who Tommi loves) is involved.