Friday, April 14, 2006

Wrong Turn?

Perhaps some of you more recent posters may have taken a wrong turn and ended up here. Perhaps you have not noticed that this is not a blog where we attack and insult the individuals who read and write here. I understand that many of you are not regular readers of Last Left Turn Before Hooterville. You may be here due to the mention of Neil Young, who some of you were happy to accuse me of 'betraying' or lying about (while lying to Capitol Records yourself) without the least knowledge of what you were talking about. Or maybe you were trolling for people with opposite views to trash.

However you ended up here, I think you may be in the wrong place. You are more than welcome to disagree with me. You are not welcome to insult me. There are some blogs where this is par for the course and a way to increase readership, but this is not one of them. You may want to think about taking your rapier wit and incisive analysis elsewhere if you cannot find your way to common courtesy. I have had right-wing readers here occasionally who have been able to express their views and disagreements in a way which encourages me to have a real dialogue, and I appreciate them.

This is an opinion blog. I don't go to other people's blogs and attack them personally if I don't agree with them. I have better things to do with my time. All I ask for here at my blog home is common decency. Would you enjoy a stranger coming into your home and strewing trash and filth all over your living room? I always appreciate my new visitors, and my views may not be your cup of tea, but insulting me or my readers is not the way to get me to change my views. In the future, you may want to take a detour around Hooterville.

And, if you've stumbled upon us for another reason and would like to visit - welcome to you!

2 comments:

Yoga Korunta said...

I love you, Alicia! It sounds as though thin skinned Repubs have been trolling your blog looking for trouble. Send them to me, please. I have no difficulty disposing of pickpockets, horse thieves, child molesters or country music Bible thumpers.
Respectfully,
David Rice

Alicia Morgan said...

Thanks, David - I appreciate your support. It's nice to know your friends have your back.