Saturday, April 22, 2006

To My Blog Friends - Asking For Blog Help Promoting "Living With War"

Hi Friends -

By now, you've heard plenty about the new Neil Young record. I'm trying to do what I can to get this out to a wide audience, and I've been in touch with folks from Reprise, who played the record last night for a group of people interested in getting this message out. What Neil wants to do is go through the Internet and the blogosphere. So if the idea of a record like this appeals to you and you'd like to be a part of it, you can.

Neil has a new blog, LivingWithWar.blogspot.com, as well as his official website, NeilYoung.com (Neil's Garage). The exciting news is that he's going to make the songs available for streaming (free!) on April 28th. Excerpts from my review are now on the LivingWith War blog.

What you can do, if you're interested, is - post about it; link to it; blogwhore it; send it on to friends in high places. Talk to people you know who don't blog; send them emails. Let me know where you're posting and I'll link to you here as well. If you'd care to recommend my diaries on Kos (I'm QueenIdella there) or My Left Wing (just plain old 'Alicia') that would help too.

Thanks!

Update - the review is posted front page on My Left Wing - thanks, eugene!

7 comments:

afb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
afb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Moonbats at Dumbocrat underground!

Otherwise I wouldnt have found this blog.

Neil..keep making awesome music, but stay away from the Moonbats. These are folks.

Nothing wrong with dissent, but there are some real nutcases out there, and demonstrated by the loons at DU

Robert Rouse said...

Alicia, I've been hooked since I saw his interview on an entertainment segment of CNN. Of course I will link to the blog. Count me in!

DivaJood said...

Hi Alicia
I've linked to Neil Young's Living with War blog as well. My blog is small, just starting really, but what the heck. It's a start.

Judith

Alicia Morgan said...

It's you! Cool! I'll put you up. Welcome to the blogoshphere, Judith - it's been a sanity-saver for me. Plus, a lot of great friendly bloggers stop by here (really!) - I'll send you some links.

best, Alicia

DivaJood said...

Hi Alicia
Thanks -- appreciate it. There's so much to learn how to do in cyberland.