Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Day Without A Musician

While I'm recycling things I've previously written, now seems as good a time as any to post this, as we're seeing the power and influence that music has in the world...

"Why don't you get a real job?"

If you are a musician, you have heard these words a million times. They are spoken sometimes in anger, sometimes in pity, sometimes in frustration. Why anyone with a brain in their head would choose to fritter their life away honestly puzzles many people.

Read the rest here:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post,it hits the nail on the head! I remember the good and bad times in life through music. I always have. I really enjoyed reading this..thanks for posting it :)

DivaJood said...

Same experience, different art form. Mine is all about painting. And yes, I have a day job in travel, which allows me to have a roof over my head and all that. But it is the absolute "have to make images" that drives the train, without regard to who sees what I do. I don't care who sees it, as long as I can make them.

Great post, Alicia

DivaJood said...

And the other thing -- without art in all forms, life has not meaning.

Alicia Morgan said...

And I think we are finding that Music Trumps Lies!

Sue said...

Like workin'your ass off isn't a real job. Just because a person doesn't HATE what s/he does doesn't mean it's not a real job.

Great post.

Onlinewow said...

Yes, it puzzles some people (often ones who wished deep down that they were doing something they really loved).
The truth be known, it is possible to make a good living from music if you are willing to work at it.
Good article.
Mark.
http://musiciansresources.blogspot.com/