Friday, May 20, 2005

Simple But True

I found this snippet on The Smirking Chimp, in an article written by Stephen Pizzo of AlterNet, called 'Bush: Worst President Ever?':

During Bush's first term the economy perked up because Bush pumped $1.6 trillion in tax rebates into it. That was like giving a dying patient an injection of meth and then claiming he was cured because he was up and jerking around in bed.

It just seemed like such an apt metaphor.

Do yourself a favor and read the whole article here.

2 comments:

oldwhitelady said...

Yes, I remember those refunds. I received $300., I believe. I agree with that statement. What are we doing now, but going deeper and deeper into debt. If you or I tried that with the bank, they would cut us right off!

Alicia Morgan said...

And yet they have the gall to pass the Bankruptcy Bill for us peons, while United Airlines gets to skip out on their workers' pensions!

Why don't they make the people responsible for that sell all their property and pay a huge chunk of their future earnings until their employees' pensions are paid for?